 Off-Topic / Debate / 586
Re: which threads, ethics (was: Re: Mini Auction - 6273 - Rock Island Refuge)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 21:32:53 GMT

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999 20:21:26 GMT, "Steve Scott"
<sls@jane-villa.demon.co.uk> wrote:

In fact, to take your technique to it's ultimate conclusion, here is the
scenario as I see it:

I am a buyer and am interested in purchasing a BSB say...
I post a message to the group thus:

Wanted - unopened BSB willing to pay $450
decrements in $25 units min

Current offer $300 + 3 firing cannons (seller 4)
Previous offer $300 (seller 3)
Previous offer $325 (seller 4)
Previous offer $350 (seller 3)
Previous offer $400 (seller 2)
Previous offer $450 (seller 1)

Some sales have been run this way.  I believe it is called a 'reverse
auction'.

Steve