 Off-Topic / Debate / 5824
    Re: smokers —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) He didn't say that he didn't want to. He said that he wanted a general consensus on whether such things are appropriate before doing so. It was the nice and cautious thing to do, but I think that consensus has been demonstrated. Chris (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: smokers —Frank Filz
    Christopher Weeks wrote in message ... (...) that's (...) It (...) I would say so. No one has weighed in with a reasonable negative reason, and several people have raised the issue of severe asthma, so, look for my post in lugnet.market.services (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: smokers —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Seems pretty clear cut to me. When you enter a marketplace you give up certain privacy rights relating to information that has a clear impact on the market. For example, people may comment on the quality of your merchandise, your timelyness, (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: smokers —Dave Schuler
   (...) I've been fortunate enough not to have suffered through asthma; it sounds awful! Do people really suffer attacks from exposure to smoke-tainted plastic? (I'm certainly not refuting, just trying to empathize) How do such people walk down the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: smokers —Shiri Dori
   (...) Well, I've been fortunate enough to not find out. When I opened a smoke-tainted package, I noticed the smell immediatly so I closed the package and put it aside. I coughed a little, but if I had ignored the smell and continued opening the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)