 Off-Topic / Debate / 582
Re: Mini Auction - 6273 - Rock Island Refuge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 20:17:55 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote in message ...
Steve Scott <sls@jane-villa.demon.co.uk> wrote:
A.  If you want to sell something start your own thread.

This isn't "your" thread, you know.

Not in the literal sense of the word no, but I was the originator and the
sole contributor for a considerable time.  Let's just say I adopted it.

It sounds like you don't want competition.

Of course I don't, show me a seller who does!  You'll be telling us next
that you relish being outbid by other buyers :)

something tells me whining like this doesn't do you much good in a lot of
people's eyes.

I really don't think anybody gives a toss Mike.  I dare say they would speak
for themselves if they did.  I think you're flattering yourself if you
believe you have the authority to represent the views of "a lot of people".
Perhaps best to stick to your own opinion.

Kinda funny to thank someone and call them a parasite all in the same
message.

Just adding a sense of balance to my post :)

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but you don't own this medium, and I don't
think you have any right to demand other sellers to hold off on their
sales so you can make top dollar on what you're selling.

Like I said earlier, it is the principle (thanks Larry) that I'm objecting
to.
1 auction,1 seller.  If there are 3 folks selling the same item then there
should be 3
auctions.  Why don't you ask if you can advertise you Lego for sale in your
local toyshop window?  I'm sure the shopkeeper will explain in words of one
syllable :)

Cheers
[SteveScott]
Note: Follow up set to off-topic.debate