 Off-Topic / Debate / 5653
  Re: Global Warming (was: Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)

(...) Booster blows up - you now have radioactive material spread over an extremely wide area. And to make the launch somewhat econonomically feasible, you packed it to the max. Thankfully, it took off from Florida (which if we recall, is going to (...) (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Global Warming (was: Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)

(...) packed (...) Which is worse, losing 3 dolphins or all of California? Mmmm, gotta get back to you on that one. ++Lar (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Global Warming (was: Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)

That's assuming we'd use boosters, of course. I figure railguns would be more foolproof. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Global Warming (was: Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)

(...) Rule Number 1: If you make something foolproof, they'll only go out and invent a better fool. :-) (Actually, until the working railgun exists, missles are the only option, and even getting teeny-tiny reactors for deep-space satellites takes an (...) (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)