 Off-Topic / Debate / 5653
Re: Global Warming (was: Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 14:35:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
Heck yeah fission is cleaner.  We always seem to be worried about what to do
with the spent rods - why not drop them into the sun?  It's not like it's
going to pollute the sun or anything, and the canisters wouldn't need much of
a boost at all.

Booster blows up - you now have radioactive material spread over an extremely
wide area.  And to make the launch somewhat econonomically feasible, you packed
it to the max.  Thankfully, it took off from Florida (which if we recall, is
going to be flooded anyway) and not Vandenderg in California.  ;-)

Bruce