 Off-Topic / Debate / 5585
  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) No. Not in the general case it isn't. Sorry about that. ++Lar (24 years ago, 9-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) Explain please. Jeff (24 years ago, 9-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) We're not the worlds policeman. While the destabilization of, for example, Liberia, may be quite saddening to watch, it's not going to have a long term large impact on us. There is nothing that Liberia has that is a vital interest to us. The (...) (24 years ago, 9-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) Actually, it does: Our Fellow Man. (...) Actually, it would probably heavily damage our economy. (...) While true, it is rather hard to say just what would happen when a country destabilized. Therefore, it is better to be safe than sorry. (...) (24 years ago, 9-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) I don't think that counts. If the government believed that 'our fellow man' was a vital interest, things would be very different. Since they aren't, then it must not be so. (...) Nah. I'm no economist, but I bet we'd go on fine after hitting (...) (24 years ago, 9-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)