 Off-Topic / Debate / 5573
Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 00:10:52 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher Tracey writes:

Although the full-tilt sex ed class
would certainally help slow the spread, sex can be a
difficult urge to keep in check.

Are there any population ecologists out there?

Could it be that when there gets to be too many of a given organism in a
localle, and predation isn't taking care of it, diseases become a likely vector
for population control.  Maybe (if AIDS turns out to be as big a threat as
some suggest) some genetic drift will occur from this causing us as an organism
to be able to keep it in our pants a bit more.

Those who can keep their urges in check, will survive nicely.

Chris