 Off-Topic / Debate / 5581
Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 12:40:49 GMT

Could it be that when there gets to be too many of a given organism in a
localle, and predation isn't taking care of it, diseases become a likely
vector for population control.  Maybe (if AIDS turns out to be as big a threat
as some suggest) some genetic drift will occur from this causing us as an
organism to be able to keep it in our pants a bit more.

That's an awfully tall order, considering that we have billions of years of
instinctual programming to overcome.

Those who can keep their urges in check, will survive nicely.

I.E. The Ugly and Unpopular will inherit the earth...  ;)

Jeff