 Off-Topic / Debate / 5178
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 17:52:14 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I know this is yesterday's squabble, but I'm just now reading it, and
moving my reply to .o-t.d.

In lugnet.dear-lego, Richard Marchetti wrote:

And my gripe is with TLC and not the manner in which Larry P
slithers over his hoard.  And while I don't resent him his hoard --
Larry is indeed obnoxious about it.  Its just so obvious that
equates lego bricks owned with his virility.  I might envy some of
what's in Larry's collection, but not his mind- set.

I don't know Larry, have never met him, but this is not the impression
I'm getting of him.  The only impression I'm getting from reading this
thread is that you're envious because Larry has more bricks than you
can (or are willing to) afford.

I assume that my views must feel like some sort of toe-pounding

toe-pounding?  Is that anything like chest-beating?

because of the manner in which Larry and others have defended their
presumed turf on this favoritism.  All of the market knowledge in
the world doesn't add up to fans NOT feeling like they are left out
of the loop and ignored when they could have been included instead.

I have never purchased from the LEGO Outlet.  They don't even know I
exist.  I don't feel left out because they didn't call me.  If you do
feel left out, perhaps you should make yourself known to the Outlet.

How do you propose that a business, stuck with a minuscule quantity of
a slow-moving product, unload that product?  The business wants to get
rid of it in the fastest way possible because it is taking up space.
It is not worth the effort to put it on the website.  Someone would
then have to deal with hundreds of phone calls, telling each caller
after the third or fourth that no, I'm sorry, we're all out of that
item.

I don't know how to state it more plainly.  And the fact that some
of you want to argue about is just SO POINTEDLY self-serving, even
if its not somewhat overly self-satisfied -- but let's face it, its
probably characterized by that as well.

And the fact that you are arguing back is -- what, exactly?

...just my 2 cents from an outsider's viewpoint, looking in.

--
Susan Hoover
Houston, TX