 Off-Topic / Debate / 5179
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 18:03:42 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Susan Hoover writes:
I know this is yesterday's squabble, but I'm just now reading it, and
moving my reply to .o-t.d.
In lugnet.dear-lego, Richard Marchetti wrote:
And my gripe is with TLC and not the manner in which Larry P
slithers over his hoard.  And while I don't resent him his hoard --
Larry is indeed obnoxious about it.  Its just so obvious that
equates lego bricks owned with his virility.  I might envy some of
what's in Larry's collection, but not his mind- set.
I don't know Larry, have never met him, but this is not the impression
I'm getting of him.

Agreed.  Granted, Larry is -- by his admission -- selfish, profit-driven, and a
big spender.  But he is most certainly not obnoxious.  He is easily amongst the
most polite, professional, and generous (1) people I have ever had business
with.  His service to the Lego community by far outweighs what some may
consider to be his bad points.  He is a fair guy with an even keel and a cool
temper.  We may all do well to learn from his example.

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  Though he might not admit *that*...bad for business, you know...  :-,