 Off-Topic / Debate / 4813
Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 15:13:09 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:

That's not all.  To even interpret the sum of your experiences, you must apply
what rules you govern yourself by to them.  Now, where did you get those
rules?  What events came together to make them?  From an objective standpoint,
there were no rules except the physical laws to begin with.  We have yet to
see how -- or even if -- these laws govern personality let alone society.  I

This is interesting... In one of my college english classes, I wrote a term
paper that used chaos theory & fractal geometery to argue that "Free Will" is a
contradiction of terms because, following the theory of mathematical chaos,
because the universe is 100% deterministic, so is personality formation and
therefor descision making... :) Basically, my summation was "the only freedom
of the will is freedom from the will..." I essentially said that one cannot
have both willful action and action that is free of outside influences...

Got an A- on it because the teacher couldn't understand the math :)

--Karim

PS: If anyone would like to read it... I think I still have it here
somewhere...