 Off-Topic / Debate / 4812
Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 12:29:51 GMT

I'm against public funding of schools as it implies a right to an
education (which is a free good)

But if you HAVE to have public funding...

James Brown wrote:

1:Yes Larry, that's publicly funded as well, but people can explicitly indicate
on their tax forms which system they are supporting.  Theoretically, one system
or the other could get no tax dollars.  Most people however, supporting my
cynical apathy of life theory, don't fill it out and their tax dollars get
split between the systems (75 public, 25 seperate? can't recall the numbers
precisely, but it's something like that).

this is a better way than what we generally do in the US, which is if
you want to send your kids anywhere other than public schools, you pay
double. If you read into that my support for vouchers, you'd be correct.

Personally I wish everyone could choose how ALL of their tax dollars
were spent. I'd split 50-50 between NASA and DOD (flippant remark
alert... really, space travel should be privatized)

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!