 Off-Topic / Debate / 4565
  Can God lie? (was: Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

(...) I wonder what would happen if God came down today and said, "I don't really exist. I had you all fooled. Have a nice day." Would that be a lie? Or, since it came from God Himself, would it be a paradox? --Todd (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Can God lie? (was: Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

(...) why would God not be able to lie? Are you saying that there's something that that said God cannot do??? :) Dan (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Can God lie? (was: Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

(...) Personally, I think God could lie if he wanted to. (...) Well, I thimk we established a few months back that God can make Himself reappear after making Himself permanently disappear beyond His abilities to make Himself reappear. Because, since (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Can God lie?

(...) ahh - I see your point... If you can do anything, you can do something that you can't undo [1]. But once you did that, you could still undo it [2], therefor you faild to do it right the first time. (since you could undo it, even when you (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Can God lie? (was: Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

I think of course he could lie, but why would he have to (He should be- excuse me-"above that"). If he lies about his own existence reminds me of "I think (speak) therefore I am". Another thing comes to mind from an old George Carlin skit: "If God (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Can God lie? (was: Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

(...) the (...) Well, since there is no god, it would be hard for him to come down. The whole bible is a lie, its the world's best selling fiction novel. (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  God is a lie? (was Re: Can God lie?)

(...) Hey now, we're not letting the hard line fundamentalists get away with statements like that without anything to back it up. It's fine (with me) if you believe that, but to say it here you should at least give reasons that we can debate. Ben (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)