 Off-Topic / Debate / 4568
Re: Can God lie?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 05:00:00 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Todd Lehman writes:
why would God not be able to lie?

Personally, I think God could lie if he wanted to.

Are you saying that there's something that that said God cannot do???

Well, I thimk we established a few months back that God can make Himself
reappear after making Himself permanently disappear beyond His abilities to
make Himself reappear.  Because, since He can do anything, He could make
Himself disappear so strongly that he couldn't reappear or restore Himself
from tape backup.

ahh - I see your point...  If you can do anything, you can do something that
you can't undo [1].  But once you did that, you could still undo it [2],
therefor you faild to do it right the first time.  (since you could undo it,
even when you weren't supposed to).  Doesn't that mean that you cannot say "God
can do anything" since it contradicts itself?

(Sorry if this was covered in previous months debats - I've just recently
started to actually read lugnet [3]:)

:)

Dan

[1] that's a something, so you should be able to do it.
[2] cause that would be something too.
[3] and I admit, it's addictive and a lot of fun..