 Off-Topic / Debate / 4527
Re: Mormon bashing again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 22:19:05 GMT

I shouldn't talk for Bill, but I think I know what he means...

Law v Grace

You are saved by grace according to the New Testament.  But you show your love
of God by following his commandments (i.e. starting with all the Mosaic laws
and up to and including all of the laws established by Jesus).

Jesus himself practiced the passover -- its commonly called the "Last
Supper."  He would not have practiced Xmas (see Jeremiah 10:2-5).  You'll have
to leave the "truly" pagan/heathen stuff to guys like me...

Jesus said "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am
not come to destroy, but to fulfill.  For verily I say unto you, Till heaven
and Earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till
all be fulfilled.  Whosoever therefore sall break one of these commandments,
and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven:
but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the
kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 5:17-19).  Read the rest for a good understanding
of what he was saying.

Basically, it means the Christians should be practicing Judaic customs.

Feast of Jubilee anyone?  We can give the Native Americans back Manhattan...

-- Richard