 Off-Topic / Debate / 4496
Re: Mormon bashing again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 05:22:31 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kevin Wilson writes:
Bill Farkas wrote:
(because we are saved by grace
not by our deeds)

Isn't there some disagreement over this between the various christian
sects?

Kevin

Most definitely, tons of it. Usually comes from having preconceived ideas or
from a lack of drawing conclusions until processing all of the facts. The bible
must be viewed as a whole to try to get the overall picture. Too many
christians make judgements based on a few passages without considering their
impact on other truths. Some just want to manipulate behavior. Some are
frustrated at their own inability to control their own behavior that they try
to control others which is far easier. Etc. The bible is clear that we are
saved by faith, your actions prove your faith and show that the love of God is
inside you. Otherwise what is the difference of the two covenants? Besides
salvation involves repentance, which means turning from sin. Most people are
hung up on the point that if your saved by faith alone that means you can sin
and get away with it. That's ridiculous, I seek God as a person (that is, Him
being a person) and not as a concept. As I said we are saved from sin not to
sin. My response to that is Romans chapter six. Actually, I didn't author
chapter six I just refer people there.:) Most religious people are dreadfully
uninformed and just take what ever someone else says as truth. Everyone is
responsible to find out for themselves.

Bill