 Off-Topic / Debate / 4505
  Neil Gaiman was (Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

(...) good "starter" Gaiman stuff be? I really liked 'Day of the Dead" that he did for Babylon 5 and I've read a few short stories in Sandman that I liked. (One was about a cat telling other cats how they used to rule the world and chased humans (as (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Neil Gaiman was (Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

(...) Not Gaiman by himself, but try _Good Omens_ by Gaiman with co-author Terry Pratchett. Pratchett should have written for Monty Python, but Python broke up before Pratchett's career began. I'm not familiar with Gaiman's solo works, so I don't (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Neil Gaiman was (Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

(...) kya ~ that was "dream of a thosand cats", one of my favorite sandman stories. if only a thousand cats could have that primal dream simultneously, it would become reality once again. this is impossible though. just try to get a mere three cats (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Neil Gaiman was (Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

(...) i love this book too!! the hellhound, the four riders of the apocalypse, the unknown fifth rider ~"grievous bodily harm", the "nice and accurate" prophecies... i smile warmly and laugh just thinking of it. i've always thought it would make a (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Neil Gaiman was (Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

You said Pratchett came too late to write for the Pythons... well, Terry Gilliam is doing the movie of _Good Omens_. I can't wait (and I haven't even read the book! I guess I can wait) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Neil Gaiman was (Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

(...) "Dream of a 1000 Cats" IIRC. I would recommend the Sandman graphic novels, first off, partly because they're my first exposure to Gaiman, partly because they're *really* good. I constantly reccommend "Good Omens" whenever I can, to whoever (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Good Omens (was something less interesting)

(...) The phrase that hooked me, and dragged me in was the description of Crowley - 'a demon who did not fall so much as saunter slowly downwards.' (paraprhased, because my copy is on loan(1) right now) Another of my favorites, which will often get (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Good Omens (was something less interesting)

(...) hey, we better disagree on something soon or we may get kicked out of .debate. ;-) wonder who is cast as crowley in the elsewhere mentioned gilliam film? very splendid news that is! i'd think jeff goldblum maybe? johnny depp would be great, (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)