 Off-Topic / Debate / 4399
Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 17:41:33 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ben Roller writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Peter Callaway writes:
on this issue I think we're all pretty universally in agreement.
  I think I spoke too soon, and you are right, but my point was just that
there are many kinds of Christians.  Again though, I think you're right.

(snipping here, sorry if I cut too much)
...you are part of the family whether you want to be or not...
Choosing to accept it is not a universal Christian belief.

Sorry, but I disagree. Jesus did say "Whoever is not for me is against me".
And that "whoever is not against you is for you" so I guess that just leaves
the people that are in the middle.  They are both for and against at the same
time...kinda like being in the middle.

getting back in the good books.
LOL at your choice of words here. :)

God didn't abandon us, we abandonned him.
No, we got kicked out for breaking a rule.  God, as I interpret the story,
didn't want Adam to become immortal so He put him out of reach of the other
tree.  One could even say that God lied to them and that the serpent was the
one telling the truth (God said they'd die, but they didn't).

Ah, to this I would refer again to the scripture which says "A thousand years
is but a day to the Lord."  If this is literal, then God was truthful.  No
human after Adam has lived to be 1000, eh? =)

Aaron