 Off-Topic / Debate / 4393
  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) One that always does get me a bit of a laugh is that Massachusetts had the "blue laws" longer than the south. They didn't START to be dismantled totally until the 70s (in the late to mid 70s they broke down and allowed stores to open on Sunday (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) They finally figured out that "banned in Boston" made the book they were banning a bestseller. :-) Bruce (24 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) Hey, that's also what happened with Mark Twain's _Adventures of Huckleberry Finn_, from what I heard on a PBS program... --Todd (24 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) Here in Texas, we were finally able to buy hardware on Sundays starting in the mid-1980s. The only remnants of the blue laws that are left that I can think of are (1) no purchase of alcohol (in wet localities) on Sunday until noon and (2) car (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)