 Off-Topic / Debate / 4394
Re: Mormon bashing again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 15:52:44 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:

One that always does get me a bit of a laugh is that Massachusetts had
the "blue laws" longer than the south. They didn't START to be
dismantled totally until the 70s (in the late to mid 70s they broke down
and allowed stores to open on Sunday from Thanksgiving to Christmas, and
then only after 1:00 PM or some such).

They finally figured out that "banned in Boston" made the book they were
banning a bestseller.  :-)

Bruce