 Off-Topic / Debate / 4362
Re: Mormon bashing again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 05:00:18 GMT

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000 02:06:15 GMT, "Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com>
wrote:

And whether you think that posting them doesn't endorse Christianity or not,
the perception is one of endorsement, and that is something which is
critical, especially when it comes to posting them in a court room.

An extreme example of this would be walking into a government building
and seeing a swastika mounted on the wall.  Now, I don't know about
you, but I would very quickly get the impression that which ever
government agency was housed in said building was quite in favour of
said evil organization.

At any rate, my view on the 10 Commandments issue is don't post them,
if you are going to post them, post not only the 10 Commandments, post
the Four Nobel Truths/Eight-Fold Path, and the equivalient of other
major world religions.

Then they wouldn't be favouring any particular religion because in
this case, by posting the 10 Commandments they are blatently favouring
Christianity in a typical arrogant american-centric way.