 Off-Topic / Debate / 4337
Re: Mormon bashing again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 04:00:24 GMT

Sproaticus wrote:

Mr L F Braun wrote:
ObInterestingThing:  There's a huge LDS church/mission on Exhibition Road in South
Kensington, London (SW7), right behind the Victoria and Albert Museum and across
the street from Imperial College and the Museum of Natural History.  It's a nice
building in itself, but it's surrounded by Victorian architecture on both sides, so
it looks kind of odd in situ.  A great piece of real estate, in any case!

I saw that one!  Just down the street from Harrod's, right?

Yep, that's the one.  I've never thought about it as near Harrod's, but I guess it is!

It's a chapel, used for Sunday sessions and such.  The public is invited to
attend, I believe; though by the looks of the building, there's not a lot of
room.  The building's architecture is something like
bank-meets-office-building-in-the-50s.  Not a bad job, really, but quite a
jarring view when surrounded by the other buildings on the block.  And it's
got the longest wheelchair ramp I've *ever* seen.

You're not kidding!  I suppose they figure that if you come rolling down the hill, you
oughta be able to just aim and shoot up the ramp.  Nice to think of physics that way, if
you ask me.  ;)

But that South Kensington area, oh man!  I have never seen so many French
teen-agers in my life!  And the pastries were good, too.  :-,

*LOL* The pastries were OK, but you're right about the French teenagers; there's at least
one Lycee (imagine diacritical) in the immediate environs, maybe two, and another two
French schools as well.  It's not necessarily a bad thing, except that I just feel that
much older when surrounded by attractive European teenagers.

best

Lindsay