 Off-Topic / Debate / 3658
Re: stuff (was: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 20:03:02 GMT

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:02:12 GMT, Christopher Weeks
<clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote:
Richard Franks wrote:

Yeah, actually, I thought the reason they do stuff like mandatory leaves
and long vacations was to keep the unemployment rate low.  I think we
have to agree on higher taxes though (not like they're low here in the US).

In terms of total taxes raised vs GNP, NL comes out at around 25%,
whereas the US comes in at just over 30%.

That good enough?

I do.  Most of these issues don't have a right and wrong to them.  It's
a matter of preference.  If I can convince people to have the same
preference that I do, then the world is more likely to bend to my ideal.
It seems only logical to proslytize.

Not really -- preaching too hard is more likely to turn people away
from you than towards you, 9in this day and age.

Jasper