 Off-Topic / Debate / 3258
Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 04:49:20 GMT

Free money spoils people. If you don't want to suffer a bit for your art,
you're not much of an artist, now are you?

Note, that's a utilitarian argument against state funding... the art it
produces is crud. But that's not my main argument, which is, and you
know it already, that the artist does not have any claims to my property
that I don't grant him.

Hear, Hear!!!   Time to vote.  Who is in favor of un-funding all federal art
subsidies??  It sure gets my vote.  I prefer starving artists who have to work
a little bit at their trade and thus, create much better art.

If private individuals wish to contribute to artists I have no complaint but
when taxpayers are forced to pay for art and artists that may be
undeserving then it is time to stop the liberal, beauracratic money train
before it can leave the (metro)station.

Kevin Salm
....I shouldn't post this because I do not care to argue this issue, but I sure
do agree with the Libertarian view here.........