 Off-Topic / Debate / 3122
    Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party —Jasper Janssen
   (...) Actually, I believe most inventors (the ones who I've seen documentaries telling about themselves, which is really all that can really tell you what they feel) are in it not so much to make life easier for themselves, but to make big bucks, or (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) And if that isn't an argument against electroshock therapy I don't know what is! The above explains a lot <GD&R>. (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party —Jasper Janssen
     (...) Indeed. I knew I was leaving myself wide open to exactly that response, but I wondered who was going to make it. Shoulda known. ;) BTW, you realise that EST is quite different from a mild 220/50 shock? I've also heard at various times that (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party —John DiRienzo
    So, you hate Thomas Edison because you've been shocked before? That makes sense. You hate him because he bent the rules to fit his needs. Your anger seems misplaced. Perhaps the wrong person got the reward and the fame, but perhaps you shot JFK (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party —Jasper Janssen
   (...) Reading for comprehension isn't your best subject, I see? Neither is proper snipping when replying, apparently. (...) Nice try. I will not be baited this time. Jasper (24 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)