 Off-Topic / Debate / 287
Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 07:50:14 GMT

Also sprach Tim Courtney:
: They have the same basic history, the same God and hence the same Jesus, but
: believe other things like worship of Mary, the Pope, etc.  I am an Evangelical
: Christian (Pentacostal/Charismatic to be precise) who does not believe in the
: worship of Mary or the authority of the Pope since it is not written in the
: Bible.

I find tht interesting, because this whole thread started with a defense
of Christmas as a specifically Christian holiday, which also has no
biblical foundation.  Neither, for that matter, does the symbol of
Christianity, the cross.  I realize that you didn't start that thread,
but there are a great many things about modern Christianity, even
protestant varieties, that have no biblical foundation.  How do you
reconcile that contrdiction?

/ _ _ / _ _          "Lemme tell you something about drugs in America:
()(-(//((-/         Anything that helps ugly guys get laid is not going
                             anywhere."   -- Dennis Miller
============= Jim Baker -- Weather Weasel Extraordinaire ==============