 Off-Topic / Debate / 28621
Re: Meta Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2008 00:48:38 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Adrian Egli wrote:

A good question! For certain, RTL did not make a comeback. The theory I’ve
heard is the growth of theme group sites like Classic Space outside of Lugnet
have drawn readers away from Lugnet.

I always admired Lugnet for avoiding advertising - think how much it could have raked in during its peak traffic days! It just seems a bit mercenary to fracture a community to make a few bucks, after all the work that went into fostering the LEGO community that happened here.. but that’s business I guess.

I’ve also heard people express the opinion
that Lugnet is “outdated” in terms of its web format, style, etc. (Anyone for
Lugnet on a BB/iPhone/cell phone format???)

Is the Lugnet code under GPL or something? I found this thread discussing the possibility, but nothing else.

Richard