 Off-Topic / Debate / 28619
Re: Meta Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2008 15:58:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Franks wrote:
I haven't been around in a while, but I remember Lugnet being a bit more..
well.. alive. The wiki page doesn't illuminate much, and catching up on four
years worth of posts doesn't seem terribly feasible.

So I was wondering really, what happened? Did RTL make a comeback, did
differently coloured bricks drive everyone crazy, was there some terrible dark
drama?

Richard

A good question!  For certain, RTL did not make a comeback.  The theory I've
heard is the growth of theme group sites like Classic Space outside of Lugnet
have drawn readers away from Lugnet.  I've also heard people express the opinion
that Lugnet is "outdated" in terms of its web format, style, etc. (Anyone for
Lugnet on a BB/iPhone/cell phone format???)

The color change certainly drove people crazy but I don't believe it made people
leave Lugnet.

People still post here but they have more options than just Lugnet/RTL.

Adr.