 Off-Topic / Debate / 28357
  Re: Should AFOL websites keep to themselves?

(...) Actually, I've found the behavior of some people on "adult" LEGO sites (like Lugnet) to be less mature than the norm on kid-oriented LEGO sites (like BZPower). There have been incidents and member actions on Lugnet that I wouldn't tolerate on (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Should AFOL websites keep to themselves?

(...) It is has been my experience that maturity and age (being an adult) have nothing to do with each-other. Of course, what defines "maturity" is also widely varied, some taking it to be politeness even in the face of rudeness, and others take it (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Should AFOL websites keep to themselves?

(...) While I can appreciate you point here, Kelly, I have to say that, based on various comments you've made on lugnet in the past, I wouldn't like to frequent a site where your 'standard of maturity' are applied. This post is a pretty good example (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Should AFOL websites keep to themselves?

(...) For clarity's sake - are you saying Kelly's post had a snide comment about other people's behavior? (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Should AFOL websites keep to themselves?

(...) Please provide links to my previous applicable comments so I know what you're referring to. Also, let's define "standard of maturity." I'd call it "Play Well," which is something anybody can do - if they so choose. Not everyone does so choose. (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Should AFOL websites keep to themselves?

(...) I now stand with egg on my face. I had you confused with Mark Pappenfuss. I did a quick scan before posting but wasn't as thorough as I ought to have been. My most sincere apologies for not being more careful and thus casting unfair (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Should AFOL websites keep to themselves?

(...) Confused with mfuss? Shoot me now! There's no reason to continue breathing... (Actually, despite Mark's acerbic style, he and I get along pretty well.) (...) Not knowing which site(s) were the genesis of this discussion, I subconsciously (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Should AFOL websites keep to themselves?

**Snip** (...) **snip more** (...) See? This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. **grins** And if y'all don't knock it off, I'm gonna hold my breath 'till I turn bley! Play Well and Prosper, Matthew (17 years ago, 12-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)