 Off-Topic / Debate / 28309
Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:09:42 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Allister McLaren wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Timothy Gould wrote:
   I disagree...

   I completely disagree with this...

   Not necessarily. Sure, anyone who is a member is free to read and respond to any given post, but unless there is a “comments welcome”or “LMKYT”, for example, responses aren’t solicited. When I post a MOC, I do not do so in order to receive feedback. Simply sharing and participating in the community is reward in and of itself.

Is this the five minute argument, or the full half hour?

I was going to quote ‘a few good men’ for a cheap quotation thing, but instead, in order to score some political karma, I have this quote--

“The GOP has mastered an error condition in the political process, an infinite loop of abstraction that drains all meaning from political speech. They don’t have to focus on meaning, really, at all, they just turn up the burbling nonsense until we all descend past the noise machine event horizon into infinitely unproductive debate, never to re-emerge. This is how we progressives (rationalists?) keep ending up on the sucker side of the media war with the right: we’re still using the old paradigm of meaning and they’re busily deploying the equivalent of malware and DOS attacks.--The Poor Man Institute ”

I’d even say that, at times, I’ve contributed to the ‘burbling nonsense’...

What were we talking about again? Oh right--Hoppy and Larry contributing to the conversation about how enormously idiotic and wasteful GWB and the entire administration of the United States is, and has been, and continues to be.

RIght now I bet many Americans, and, for that matter, the rest of us around the world--dream about a president whose worse crime was getting some lip service from an intern.

Sometimes the only way to get perspective is through the passage of time. You remind me of my utter comtempt with Ronald Reagan when I was in Kollege. History already is showing that Reagan was brilliant. Given the events that have transpired during George W. Bush’s tenure, I’d bet that history will be kind to him as well.

Clinton will be remembered as the president between the Bushes.

But time will tell. Hopefully, LUGNET will still be around in 20 years, we all will still be around in 20 years, and we can all look back and add to this thread:-)

JOHN