 Off-Topic / Debate / 28212
Re: malicious behavior
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 22:29:54 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford wrote:

   So please explain how that difference applies in this particular case?

You can’t assume that because he has posted on LUGNET a few times, he is reading or aware of anything that is going on on LUGNET. The only real way to know if someone is a regular reader is if that person posts often each week. Sure, there are regular lurkers, but you have no tangible way to verify that.

Further, merely because LUGNET is a public forum in no way means that the entire world is privy to what is said in it.

Even Compartmentalized Dorks [1] who only subscribe to a particular NG on LUGNET can be clueless as to what is going on on LUGNET.

HTH,

JOHN

[1] Not intended as a disparagement, but as an acknowledgment of an old, inside joke.