 Off-Topic / Debate / 28136
Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:15:12 GMT

snip

   http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070123.wxarar23/BNStory/National/home

I’m glad *some* senators are calling it what it is--

“Demogoguery”?

Speaking of Demogoguery...

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/01/24/chuck-hagel-on-fire/

Oh wait, he’s a Republican. I guess his speechifying can’t be considered that.

As an aside, I agree with everything Hagel stated and consider him a man of class. I don’t think he was pontificating for the sake of scoring political points. Nor did I think that Sen. Leahy was doing same. However, John might disagree...

If Hagel votes “yay” for this silly and pointless non-binding resolution, republicans will throw him under the bus, gahr-un-teed. And that goes for ANY senator with an R after their name. Even HE knows it, as evidenced by his own questioning of the viability of his political career by taking his “stand”.

JOHN