 Off-Topic / Debate / 27972 (-10)
  Re: Wow! Re: Let that be a lesson to you

(...) Doh! If (URL) doesn't qualify as beating the system, I don't know what does! Ken Lay, a stinker to the very end and beyond. Dave! (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - More Teachings of Jesus

(...) Well, the only human immolating that went on that among the Israelites that I know of is the call for the sacrifice of Isaac (which was recanted anyway). Still, I would explain such interpretations of God's will as just that-- contextual to (...) (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Supply-Side Economics? The Evidence Says No!

(...) Hey, I think I was just sucker-punched.... JOHN (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Supply-Side Economics? The Evidence Says No!

(...) I find that offensive and insulting. I've worked long and hard to foul up my understanding of percentages, and I won't have you casting aspersions on my diligent efforts! Do you think dim-wittedeness like this comes easily? No way! Besides, (...) (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - More Teachings of Jesus

(...) I'll need to find the passage again. It's been a while. But anyway, why is a loving and merciful God immolating anybody in the first place? Heck, by that metric, I'm more loving and merciful than God. (...) Sorry, but that's as much a (...) (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Supply-Side Economics? The Evidence Says No!

(...) I've never heard it said that the US consumes 75% of the worlds resources. I've heard it consumes 25%. Are you learning percentages from Dave Schuler? (...) To be honest it kind of is. Your rates of literacy and numeracy are incredibly poor by (...) (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Supply-Side Economics? The Evidence Says No!

(...) What about all of this rubbish about the US being 5% of the world's population (300,000,000 strong now, thankyouverymuch) and yet consuming 75%-ish of the world's resources? Balance that! (...) It's a wonder we are even able to dress ourselves (...) (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - More Teachings of Jesus

(...) Do you mean "to have been kept"? The Old Testament contains a lot of historical information, including ancient worship practices, which have changed over time as cultures have changed/evolved. The important part to glean is that God never (...) (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - More Teachings of Jesus

(...) Don't forget the rules on toes and scales for what you can eat. Tim (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - More Teachings of Jesus

(...) That's good advice for believers, too. And if you don't read the Old Testament for yourself, how will you learn which incense to burn to keep from being immolated by the Lord's wrath? Dave! (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact