 Off-Topic / Debate / 27770
  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Lighten up, Francis. I don't know about little plastic bricks, but I can tell the difference between Czech absinthe and French absinthe with my eyes closed (hint: the Czech stuff tastes like gasoline). Is absinthe better if it's made by (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Is that American gasoline, or the superior Venezuelan product? Cheers Richie Dulin (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Is this the new Marc Nelson Jr rule of Lugnet where he is allowed to complain about things he doesn't like but other people aren't? It's good to see you hate arguments so much you feel compelled to join just about any one you see. Tim PS. And (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  French absinthe ? (was Re: lego from China and Czech Republic)

(...) Absinthe ? Do you mean the drink made from absinthe? This drink is not allowed to be sold in France (since 1915). The "French absinthe" you are talking about is more probably from Switzerland. (where it has been legalized in 2005) Not a big (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: French absinthe ? (was Re: lego from China and Czech Republic)

(...) It can apparently be (URL) produced for export> in France, and even sold in France if you don't call it 'absinthe'. I recommend the (URL) de Fougerolles 72>. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Eeek, another racist! Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: French absinthe ? (was Re: lego from China and Czech Republic)

(...) LOL - That's definitively a weird-hypocrite-stupid behaviour. (and quite probably the reason why I haven't heard of it before today) (...) ok thanks for the recommendation but I'm not sure to want to taste it. I don't like too much liqueurs. (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Hey, you can argue all you want about whether people who want bricks to be made in Denmark are racist - especially since you did the right thing and posted to o.t.d. That's what it's here for. My last sentence was just a tongue-in-cheek (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Well trolled. I completely fell for that one. I still have to argue there is a world of difference between saying something is a racist statement and saying someone is a racist. Tim (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) ??? Fell for what? You'll have to explain to me what I did to be accused of "trolling". All I see are people with honest differences of opinion. Do you believe that it's possible for people to have honest differences of opinion? Marc Nelson (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) I was using trolling in the sense of inviting me to respond in an annoyed (and thus reduced) capacity. Having just skimread the wikipedia article I think this is one of a great many uses of the word but probably not the most common (there (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) That's just the sort of comment I expect to see from a white man. (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)