 Off-Topic / Debate / 27629
Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:15:08 GMT

   God is a higher power to whom we must account, and not simply to ourselves. It is the only way we can hope to obtain humility.

I’m not sure about that. If you get your butt seriously kicked by the world-at-large (through a spectacular failure or an overwhelming loss or a debilitating disease or whatever), then I’d say that you can get a pretty good grasp of what it means to be humbled.

Of course, some might argue that such misfortunes are God’s way of teaching humility, but then we’re back to begging the question...

Dave!