 Off-Topic / Debate / 27628
Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:12:27 GMT

   But life is our most precious gift, and we should be respecting it more than as an occasional inconvenience. If more cultures respected life more, then I think they’d be less apt to end it so readily.

Well, that’s my answer. Both extremes will hate it, but that’s why they are called extremists, no?

I think most cultures respect life a lot. It’s just those extremists you’re talking about that seem to have less respect for it. And I don’t just mean terrorists.

And if more people were content to put up with the inconvenience of walking rather than driving, less lives would end in road accidents. But sometimes people just aren’t prepared to put up with little inconveniences. Some people call it “progress”, I call it “choice”.

ROSCO