 Off-Topic / Debate / 27627 (-5)
  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) Yup. Faith without works is like a day without a bicycle. Or is that a woman without a man is like a fish without sunshine.... Something like that:-) (...) That's fine and good, but there's one caveat, and Jesus addresses this issue DIRECTLY (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John Neal wrote: <snip> (...) So you're a James disiple--"faith without works" and all that? I'm pretty much there except I say "In the end, I believe that we'll be judged on what we did" and leave the beliefs out of it, (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) Phew, I was getting the shakes in there! ;-) I'm wondering if it's as simple as simply stating, "life begins at heartbeat". Completely arbitrary, but not without a poignant touch, considering that the heart is a powerful symbol for humanity (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Population control -- was Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) It is almost beyond belief. But then, on the oppsite end, there's the 'morning after' pill that is causing a furor because the republicans want to make it a perscription drug (or have already done so--can't remember)--they're meddling in the (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Population control -- was Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) No questions? Some have decided that (URL) post birth abortions> are fine. Again, I am not comfortable with someone deciding to abort a baby that is literally seconds from birth, much less X minutes after! It's almost beyond belief. So it (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact