 Off-Topic / Debate / 27626
Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:32:21 GMT

<snip>

And I'll tie that into belief in God.  In the end, I believe that we won't be
judged by what we believed, but what we actually {did} based on those
beliefs.

So you're a James disiple--"faith without works" and all that?  I'm pretty much
there except I say "In the end, I believe that we'll be judged on what we did"
and leave the beliefs out of it, because I know alotta very good athiests that
do good works all the time.

The whole idea behind belief in God is providing rationalization for acting
morally.  Loving God IS loving your neighbor.  "Whatsoever you do to the
least of my children, that you do unto me." (from memory; too lazy to cite).

Sorry. `</tangent`>

[JOHN]

http://sandysparky.net/blog/00000402.php

(another blog about the protesting muslims, but uses the 'what you do to the
least of them' thing, so it's a co-tangent...)

Love the tangents...

Dave K