 Off-Topic / Debate / 27585
Re: How Do You Solve A Problem Like
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 06:44:08 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Parsons wrote:
   Mahmoud? Seriously.

Israel bombs it back to the stone age.

I did say “seriously”....

If in case you are serious (which I seriously doubt), then there is a problem with your solution-- the Iranians apparently thought of that already and have substantially decentralized their stuff, making a 1 shot bombing raid ineffective (assuming that you are talking about bombing their nuke facility) Actually, my question actually addressed the president himself.

JOHN

   Last time this happenned (in Iraq), you bombed up the American supplied aircraft of the Israeli airforce with the necessary ordnance, and they destroyed the facilities, safe in the knowledge that the US would defend them from substantial reprisals. Admittedly, that was 20 some odd years ago, however I recall that you were planning to bomb up the Israeli airforce with the necessaries for this particular job last year. I think the rest of us are just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I imagine that then we will rush to sign up for the next glorious Coalition of the Willing...

Richard
Still baldly going...