 Off-Topic / Debate / 27066
  Re: I think I'm going to puke....

(...) The Right's objection to stem cell research revolves around the use of fetal stem cells. It is their fear that unborn fetuses will become stem cell gardens for research. I know of no objections to the usage of other types of stem cells such as (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: I think I'm going to puke....

(...) Sorry for the ambiguity--it wasn't an attept to trap you. I was referring to fetal stem cells, which scientific consensus identifies as likely the most fruitful source of therapeutic treatments. The silliness of the Right's objection is (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: I think I'm going to puke....

(...) Or maybe (URL) not.> Well, how about that! And right in my own backyard. Heck, I don't have any let's-kill-as-many-e...s-possible agenda; I just want the science to proceed. This is very encouraging, though of course we'll need to see more (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: I think I'm going to puke....

(...) As you have noted elsewhere, this consensus most certainly doesn't exist and scientific progress can most likely procede without the use of fetal stem cells. (...) This is actually a good point. I know that numerous eggs are used purely for (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: I think I'm going to puke....

(...) All politicians are most interested in the unthinking flock. Both sides have a flock like this that will beleive and regurgitate what ever they are told, expecially when it is what they want to hear. Niether party is any better than the other (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I think I'm going to puke....

(...) Since I've already ceded that point, I think we can move on. Also, I don't know what I was smoking that led me to fail to distinguish between fetal and embryonic, which really is central in this context. My apologies. (...) We need to define (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)