 Off-Topic / Debate / 2706
Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 12:52:44 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Todd Lehman writes:
I *really* wish now that I'd waited just a little longer, back when I added
a couple SW pix to the DB after rebelscum.com put them up.  It wasn't very
much longer after that before legitimate pix showed up in catalogs.  I set
a bad example.

(leaping out of bed to follow-up on this)

Wait a second.  The pictures that went in *were* legitimate consumer catalog
photos -- from the sheet catalog/brochure someone got in a copy of a Technic
set at a store in the UK, and from one other.

Several people said that they seemed to remember year-2000 SW pix showing
up in the Lugnet/Pause DB right after they appeared on rebelscum.com, and
wondered why that was OK.  That immediately made me start thinking I must've
done something wrong somewhere along the line.

But it's easy to get confused.  Recall that rebelscum.com had several
different sets of pictures:  First, there were scans of some illegally
obtained color photocopies of prototypes...that was, when, September?  But
later, around October 21, the legitimate scans appeared.  There were also
some more a few days earlier on the 15th, and some others on the 8th.

Checking the image-upload logs in the Lugnet/Pause DB, the first image to
go in for 7134 (A-wing Fighter™) was Oct 21 18:27:11 EDT 1999.  This was
actually 13 days after the first scans to appear on rebelscum.com, and 6
days after the first Technic catalog scans to appear there (the Battle
Droid and others).

Whew!  So I was all worried about nothing.  Now I can go back to sleep...
For a few hours there, I almost thought that I'd accidentally put in the
scans of the color photocopies (that would've been a bad thing, IMHO).

--Todd

p.s.  Kevin Loch put up scans of the U.S. catalog on November 9.  He found
that in a copy of 7130 Snowspeeder™.