 Off-Topic / Debate / 2705
Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 13:32:55 GMT

Richard Franks wrote:

"Everyone should own guns, lots of them, and carry them everywhere, even to
school. We'd all be so much more polite that way."

True. Very True.

Except on those rare occasions things get out of hand?

Agreed! If such an absurd notion(1) were to be true, then surely the
"Wild West" would be known as the "Exceptionally polite West where no-one would
ever dream of raising their voices or frowning at another."

Richard

(1) This is of course my opinion, granted upon me seemingly by virtue of the
fact that I wasn't born in the States.

My understanding of those times is that most people were polite and
steered clear of annoying people.  I also understand that gunfights were
insanely uncommon.  Not at all like motion picture portrayal.

(I wasn't born in the states either - unless you consider western Europe
a state)

Chris