 Off-Topic / Debate / 269
  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

(...) No. I go to church too, believe it or not. Let me explain. Tom was close. I am prone to throwaway lines that don't explain in detail what I meant, and it's a consistent problem I have. Everyone should feel free to call me on it, too. What I (...) (26 years ago, 21-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

(...) I don't get that one. Is someone who believes in the bible, but attends a biology class regarding Darwin, also a hypocrite? ____ |oooo| Cheers, |oooo| Wouter van Wageningen ¯¯¯¯ (26 years ago, 22-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

(...) Presumably, I don't think that's what he meant. I think he means people who go just because "it's a nice place to be" without really taking into account (at least) the real purpose of church attendance. To directly answer your question, I (...) (26 years ago, 22-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

(...) I don't feel a need for a God of anysort in my life. But I do plan to go to church this christmas. Partly because there are a lot of things that do appeal to me, and partly because my friends like to celebrate christmas with me. And yes, those (...) (26 years ago, 22-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

Also sprach Tom McDonald: : If you believe the bible _and_ that God used evolution, you had better know : your bible and your Darwin to verify their agreement. Many people find them : irreconcilable. This is te point I get hung up on .... I don't (...) (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

(...) Thanks, I guess we feel the same on this subject. Stange, how such a small remark can be interpreted in a totally wrong way ;-) ____ |oooo| Cheers, |oooo| Wouter van Wageningen ¯¯¯¯ (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

(...) Part of the understanding of evolution is that it does not require an "outside" force. Thus the two are not only irreconcilable, but also irrelavent in association. Choices are: (1) either one is true and the other in not. or (2) niether is (...) (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

Also sprach Barry McFarland: : Part of the understanding of evolution is that it does not require an "outside : force. Thus the two are not only irreconcilable, but also irrelavent in : association. Choices are: (1) either one is true and the other (...) (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

(...) Well, I'm not sure I agree. I have read of gods that were the "cause" of the particular set of laws that apply in this universe(1), and the "cause" of their consequences. Under that analysis, (whether these gods could subsequently work (...) (26 years ago, 24-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

(...) Wouter van Wageningen writes: (...) True. My apologies for not being clearer. With the exception of whether I do believe or not, Larry largely put it (as far as I can tell :) how I wanted it said. Be genuine either way. The way I see it is, be (...) (26 years ago, 28-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

(...) Yes but if I walk into a room full of LEGO every day, does that make me a LegoManiac?? :-) (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

(...) Garshk, I would *hope* so... and, no doubt, you do walk into such a full room whenever you can. I know I wouldn't mind doing so. :) I gotta start going to KKK's Thursday night poker games... From Tom McDonald Anti-spam block in place. (URL) (...) (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

(...) Not to pull a Clinton or anything... but sir, it clearly depends on the meaning of the word "full". (26 years ago, 30-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)