 Off-Topic / Debate / 26687
  Re: We're being attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of culture!

(...) That's true, which is why I didn't say "that's exactly correct!". But in thinking about human evolution, a very early step (and not necessarily the first, depending on what you call steps versus qualifications, or transition states or (...) (19 years ago, 30-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: We're being attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of culture!

(...) To be fair, you did say "I guess that's right," without disclaiming a whole lot of wiggle room. I can accept your more elaborate articuation below, but I hope you can see that my response wasn't inappropriate given your initially apparent (...) (19 years ago, 30-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: We're being attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of culture!

(...) Well, my initial response was something a bit more argumentative. But when I started thinking about it, I realized there were some interpretations of the statement that I found I agreed with. So I erased my 2 paragraphs and wound up with a (...) (19 years ago, 30-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  These are the Daves I know Was some other debate

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Eaton wrote: <snip> . Arguing is so much more fun :) (...) Do all Daves consider arguing fun? Or is that just the Daves around here? Dave K (19 years ago, 30-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: These are the Daves I know Was some other debate

(...) It's better with music: (URL) (19 years ago, 30-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: These are the Daves I know Was some other debate

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Rob Doucette wrote: Hey! What's a "Rob" doing in this thread? (...) ---...--- Too Many Daves ---...--- Did I ever tell you that Mrs McCave had twenty-three sons and named them all Dave? Well, she did. And that wasn't a (...) (19 years ago, 30-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)