 Off-Topic / Debate / 26652 (-5)
  Re: Excellent news!

(...) First, a quote: "You won't have Dick Nixon to kick around anymore." -Dick Nixon (to the press, after losing the governor's race in California, who, sure enough, didn't have the wisdom to stick with his promise and got the ultimate kicking (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Excellent news!

(...) That's an interesting argument. For me, the problem arises when we try to grant one person the authority to kill another. A state-sanctioned execution, once the prisoner has already been rendered harmless, seems to me no different morally from (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: I love LUGNET

(...) I knew it was so obvious. As I said, I just couldn't resist. (...) Of course I'm referring to principles! I know that. Even if English is my second language, I know the difference between those 2 words. However, I was "paraphrasing" Jason with (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Excellent news!

(...) Who told you that!?? Was it one of my jerk employees?[1] (...) I agree with your assessments. I think that if certain individuals hadn't valued liberty more than life, our country wouldn't have been formed, and generally speaking, liberty for (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Excellent news!

(...) I'm not sure what "death-without-freedom" means, or why it might be of any value to the soon-to-be-deceased. Or did you mean "inescapable death" versus "life without possibility of parole?" (...) If the option were put forth as life with (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact