 Off-Topic / Debate / 26421
Re: Far too good to pass up...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 01:47:31 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

On the minus side:

1. Even worse politically correct television.

But we leave in the profanity, and nudity, that has to count for something????

I'm sure my 13 year old son will appreciate that.  :-)

2. Cold.

We sell coats.

How do I get a tan with the top down if I'm wearing a coat?

3. The french language (nothing wrong with it beyond I only know a few moronic
phrases like "Cherchez la jeune filles."

Can I have a translation please?

Idiomatically, "Check out the babes."  If you want Babelfish, "Seek the girls."

4. No Lakers or Dodgers.

Apparently no hockey either!!

I've got that here, south to Anaheim, or west to Downtown L.A.  Hockey bores me
- I should add that to both sides.  Kinda like no football.

5. Cold!

We sell winter boots.

Do those fit over sandals?

6. There is no minus number six.

Okay, I'm a Canuck and I don't even get this... but I'm sure there is when you
factor in the wind chill. Wink.

You have to be an Aussie or a Bruce (same thing allegedly) to get it.  Or be a
Monty Python fan.

Oddly, my first Monty Python record (Live at Drury Lane) was sent to me by a
Canadian...

7. No Kobe...or is that a plus?

I'm leaning towards the plus side.

You aren't a Laker fan.  Or maybe you are.

8. Brain-dead British Royalty as Head of State.

It's only a cover.

On the plus side, they do have some comedic value.

9. There would be no point to having my rear-wheel drive convertible.

You can trade it in for a snowboards, snowshoes, snowmobiles.....

I like to visit snow.  It looks very pretty on top of Mount Baldy outside my
window safely up at (estimating) 9,000 feet.  I don't like snow to visit me,
however - it always overstays its welcome.

10. Cold!!!

BEST OF ALL, we sell TOQUES!!!!!!

Add the idea of "having to spend lots of money to endure the cold" to the list
of minuses.

-->Bruce<--

True North Strong and "FREE", well aside from that blasted G.S.T.

Janey "Red Brick eh?"

Add "eh?" to the list of minuses.  It makes "Totally tubular, dude" seem like
the soul of wit.  :-)

-->Bruce<--