 Off-Topic / Debate / 26418
Re: Far too good to pass up...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:15:19 GMT

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

http://us.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/11/15/canadian.welcome.ap/index.html

I still have that spare bedroom for those that may need it...

Dave K

On the plus side:
1. No Dubya.
2. Real health care, rather than health care if Walmart is forced into providing
it (which it won't be).  Can't be any worse than Kaiser Permanente.
3. No expensive moronic war to save us from non-threats.
4. No Shaq...or is that a minus?
5. No upcoming draft so that anyone who doesn't have a connection to Bush has to
fight an upcoming war that anyone who has a connection to Bush wants to fight.
What do you expect from a coward who couldn't even properly serve his own combat
dodge-duty?
6. I don't have to hide my nationality while traveling.
7. Moosehead beer.
8. No L.A. traffic.

On the minus side:
1. Even worse politically correct television.
2. Cold.
3. The french language (nothing wrong with it beyond I only know a few moronic
phrases like "Cherchez la jeune filles."
4. No Lakers or Dodgers.
5. Cold!
6. There is no minus number six.
7. No Kobe...or is that a plus?
8. Brain-dead British Royalty as Head of State.
9. There would be no point to having my rear-wheel drive convertible.
10. Cold!!!

-->Bruce<--