 Off-Topic / Debate / 25782
Re: Geobra Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:08:10 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Johannes Koehler wrote:
   For many years Playmobil has been one of my most important inspirations for building with LEGO.

I enjoy browsing the Playmobil section in our local Playvalue store, thinking if only LEGO make good looking sets like them, and OTOH how much they are becoming Playmobil like with giant special pieces... Yes Playmobil have many good sets and are quite inspiring.

   For this reason I’d very much like to have a place to meet other devoted LEGO supporters who also have a weakness for Playmobil to share our thoughts, to feel understood and not singled out. It would be great if it was possible to incorporate a newsgroup lugnet.playmobil where we playmo lovers could swap our ideas and feelings for Playmobil without distracting anybody else from the main topic of this great community site.

Or you can just use http://www.playmoboard.com/

On top of LEGO I am also into anime mecha toys and models, but I don’t see why I would open a non-LEGO mecha topic here. If I want to talk anime toy/model I go to ToyboxDx or childOfMecha, or if I want to read Macross news I go to MacrossWorld.

Now I can see this online community is really good, compare to e.g. TF boards where every prototype leak gets a hundred clone replies of “w00t!”/”I am so buying it” etc. But just how far off-topic should Lugnet let their user put on the server? It don’t have infinite bandwidth or disk space.