 Off-Topic / Debate / 25513
Re: suspended Bricklink shops/
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:13:21 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher L. Weeks wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

   No. He showed that he thought he could dictate the ToS.

Is there even the slightest shred of evidence for this statement?

Yes, his own words: “Dan informed me yesterday that I needed to remove that wording as it’s a ToS violation. I responded with a suggestion for a different approach.

Later: “...I responded rather tersely, suggesting that the implementation be fixed instead. In hindsight I should have either immediately removed the text or composed an explanation, but I was tired...

i.e. rather than bring his listings within the ToS, he suggested the ToS be altered. You(?) or I would have done as Dan had requested, then sought to contest the matter if it was significant enough.

I’m not sure from your writing if you simply don’t know what dictate means or if there is some less transparent explanation for your mischaracterization of the events that you accurately quoted. Maybe you can shed some light on this?

Chris