 Off-Topic / Debate / 25165
Re: Michael Moore sued for lying?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 11:07:12 GMT

... the Pantograph ...

Er, PantAgraph. Where's St. Catharine when you need her, eh?

I always thought a Catharine wheel was 8 sided, like a stopsign--I was told that
those little 8 sided windows usually on the 2nd storey of small brick houses
built in the 30's-40's were called 'Catharine windows'.

Of course, all this is subject to my very faulty recollection.

I didn't give a good enough hint with the "eh", I guess. This obscure reference
was to rtlT's discussion about St. Catharines (town name) vs. St. Catherines
(incorrectly spelled town name)... not to any torture devices, fireworks,
windows, or stop signs.

Sorry for any confusion!